Wednesday 7 March 2012

Crafty Ideas

Oh my giddy aunt! Over the past few weeks I've had an over whelming desire to go craft crazy. My sister and I are plotting an entire weekend devoted to D.I.Y which is a new experience for me. I'm usually the first to realise things that I buy are of far better quality than if I'd tried to C.D.T it (remember those lessons at little school?!)

I've been collecting regular glass mason jars for donkeys, for no particular reason. Until now. A San Franciscan friend tipped me off about Pinterest a few months ago and I've collated an unhealthy amount of images to work from, some more realistic than others. The only problem with Pinterest is that crediting the source is proving rather difficult and so I'm sorry if I'm not able to with some of the images. These are only a fraction of them, but the collection of good ideas is still growing. I can't wait to get started!
We may need more than just one weekend...

Hoola Hoop with fairy lights -
this would look magical over a table al fresco this summer.
Customising envelopes -
eat your heart out
Smythson. Great for wrapping paper too.
Papering the sides of a chest of drawers drawer -
so pretty! Not sure my Dad would like me experimenting on his furniture.
Vintage suitcase Draws -
nice idea but I can see where this one would lead... a big old mess.
 
Bottle Top Tea Lights -
I love this!
I'll let you know how I get on. I'm sure it'll be terrible messy and lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment